EMSCHERKUNST.2010 - Silke Wagner 01
- Series: EMSCHERKUNST – art & landscape
In the course of the EMSCHERKUNST.2010 project, Saschko Frey follows the artist Silke Wagner who wants to transform the unattractive location of the sewage plant in Bottrop.
Silke Wagner talks about the finding process of her works – she doesn’t stick to a certain schedule, but considers the objectives of the respective locals. Her work always starts with long chats with the residents, their parish, their youth, the dangerous streets their children play on… Even the administrative offices of the city of Bottrop are visited during the quest of finding a new future perspective for Bottrop-Ebel.
The artist works conceptual, concentrating on sociological, political or ecological topics. She initiates actions and irritations and processes of communication and change, very often in cooperation with local fringe groups. Her main focus is the conditionality of the public space and its perception and monopolisation by various social groups and milieus.
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 1
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 2
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 3
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 4
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Silke Wagner 01
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Silke Wagner 02
- Emscherkunst.2010 - The vision of the curator Florian Matzner
- Emscherkunst.2010 - M and M 01
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Wild Island Gelsenkirchen
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Bridge cross Oberhausen