EMSCHERKUNST - Bogomir Ecker and Bülent Kullukcu install street lamp in the waters of the Herner Meer
- Series: EMSCHERKUNST – art & landscape
Sculptor Bogomir Ecker has created a sculpture which is more than 20 meters high, and has placed it in the waters of a pier between the Rhein-Herne canal and the yacht marina. A street lamp serves as the spotlight – it illuminates the abstract and seemingly unstable piece of art after dark.
Sculptor meets composer
Even your walk to the pier and your arrival at the pier head are part of the extraordinary installation. Artist Bülent Kullukcu has composed the soundtrack for your steps to the final confrontation with Ecker’s sculptures - a kind of new water music.
Saschko Frey follows the two protagonists during their on-site inspection of the location for their exemplary cross over project which is part of EMSCHERKUNST 2010.
- Emscherkunst meets the German version of Punch & Judy
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 1
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 2
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 3
- Emscherkunst.2010 - An inspection by the artists / Part 4
- Emscherkunst.2010 - The vision of the curator Florian Matzner
- Emscherkunst – Oberhausen Castle
- Why Are You Creative? – Interview with Nina Hagen
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Silke Wagner 01
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Silke Wagner 02
- Why Are You Creative? Interview with David Hockney
- Emscherkunst.2010 - M and M 01
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Wild island Gelsenkirchen
- Emscherkunst.2010 - Bridge cross Oberhausen
Fri, 19.11.2010 0
07.11.2010 - 18:24
27.12.2010 - 13:10
20.11.2012 - 01:13
04.07.2010 - 20:17
These days, more than 5 million inhabitants do experience the transformation of their post- industrial Ruhr area in the western part of Germany to an exciting European „place to be“, a budding metropolis in a post-Capital of Culture 2010 identification process with its industrial culture as part of a collective memory being a characteristic feature – and an orchestrated mass event.