Emily Pilloton: Teaching design for change
About this talk
Designer Emily Pilloton moved to rural Bertie County, in North Carolina, to engage in a bold experiment of design-led community transformation. She's teaching a design-build class called Studio H that engages high schoolers' minds and bodies while bringing smart design and new opportunities to the poorest county in the state.
About Emily Pilloton
Emily Pilloton wrote Design Revolution, a book about 100-plus objects and systems designed to make people's lives better. In 2010, her design nonprofit began an immersive residency in Bertie County…
Full bio and more links...
- Olafur Eliasson: Playing with space and light
- Ellen Dunham-Jones: Retrofitting suburbia
- Alwar Balasubramaniam: Art to change our worlds
- Keep our chapel in the village! The settlers of Werthacker are fighting for their chapel
- EMSCHERKUNST.2010 - Ooze 01
Wed, 02.02.2011 0
28.10.2011 - 07:33
19.04.2013 - 11:51
26.04.2013 - 13:50
03.05.2013 - 13:28